Excavator rocksaws can be utilised in quarries in a variety of ways.
- cutting dimensional stone directly from the quarry
- cutting blocks for processing elsewhere
- shaping boulders to regular shapes
If your excavator has the power, you can use multiple blades to increase productivity. Multi-blade saws save time in the preparationof the site, and produce blocks with uniform size, and perfectly parallel.
NEW OmniCut Rocksaws
Echidna's Omnicut rocksaws are a revolutionary new development in rock cutting technology.
The Omnicut saws combine the hardness of diamonds with the robustness of tungsten carbide to make a saw that can cut through hard and soft rock, reinforced concrete and wood, without the need to change the blade.
These versatile saws will cut through any rock type, without the need to change the blade
The tips are very long life, and the blades cut fast and efficiently, resulting in fast cutting with single or multiple blades.
Tungsten-carbide rocksaws are commonly used for soft stone quarries - sandstone, marble, mudstone etc. They have several features that make them attractive.
- they can have very large diameter blades
- the teeth are easily replacable on site, with no special equipment required
- there is no need for water during cutting
The tungsten carbide saws have quite a wide cut, and the cut face is rough. They are not suitable for the harder stones and conglomerates as the teeth wear quickly and tend to bounce off the hard rock.
Diamond rocksaws are also used for quarrying. They produce a smoothly finished cut, and result in less waste of valuable materials.
On large excavators, it is possible to have two or more blades for making parallel and precisely spaced cuts. This reduces the time taken for careful repositioning of the excavator, and ensures regular block shapes and sizes.
In many quarries, it is possible to run cutting systems such as our rail-guided, automated CS5 cutting system. This method can result in very good blade life, increased productivity and high precision blocks.
Tungsten-Carbide RocksawsExcavations, quarrying and trenching
for excavators 8-60 tonnes
- wide range for cutting rock, bitumen, concrete, steel and more
- models for excavators from 1 tonne to 60 tonne
- budget and high performance models available
- reversible blade spin and automatic blade brake
- self powered unit with a 130kW hydraulic system powered by a Cat diesel engine
- fully automatic operation
- sandstone, marble, granite, limestone, basalt...
- cut dimensional stone directly in quarry
- multi blade saws for precision blocks
- footings, trenches, basements, carparks, swimming pools and more
- boundary wall cutting
- minimise vibration in sensitive areas
- re-use cut material for retaining walls
- optical fibre, plumbing, electricity trenches
Tight Access Excavation
- underhouse excavations
- difficult access locations
- swimming pool installation/demolition in backyards
- rocksaws, stump grinders and rock grinders for excavators down to 1 tonne
Concrete Cutting & Demolition
- reinforced concrete structures
- swimming pools
- pre-fabricated buildings
- small scale mining operations
- mine site infrastructure
- extract blocks for processing
- trenches for services
- finishing walls
- slots for services in tunnel walls
- stump grinder
- milling logs
- brush cutting
- shape blocks for retaining walls, paths, stairs
- trim trees
- modify and remove concrete
- grind stumps