Echidna rocksaws, when fitted with a suitable blade, can be used for cutting
- ferrous metals (steel, stainless steel, cast iron),
- aluminium and aluminium alloys and
- copper based metals.
High Tip Speed Required for Cutting Metals
For all metals, the flexibility of the material can cause problems which are generally overcome by holding the workpiece firmly, braced against an immovable support. For many applications when cutting metals with an excavator mounted saw, this is not possible.
To overcome the problem, we recommend a high tip speed when cutting metals.
Blade Selection for Cutting Metals
Cutting Steel and Aluminium
For cutting steel and aluminium, there are two options for the cutting blades: tungsten tipped, or friction blades. The tungsten teeth cut the metal in a conventional way. The friction blades heat the metal to melting point to part the metal.
Copper has a very high heat conductivity, so friction blades are not eff ective. Tungsten tipped blades must be used for cutting copper.
- fast, minimal damage, precision trenches from 26mm width
- sandstone, marble, granite, limestone, basalt...
- cut dimensional stone directly in quarry
- multi blade saws for precision blocks
- footings, trenches, basements, carparks, swimming pools and more
- boundary wall cutting
- minimise vibration in sensitive areas
- re-use cut material for retaining walls
- optical fibre, plumbing, electricity trenches
Tight Access Excavation
- underhouse excavations
- difficult access locations
- swimming pool installation/demolition in backyards
- rocksaws, stump grinders and rock grinders for excavators down to 1 tonne
Concrete Cutting & Demolition
- reinforced concrete structures
- swimming pools
- pre-fabricated buildings
- small scale mining operations
- mine site infrastructure
- extract blocks for processing
- trenches for services
- finishing walls
- slots for services in tunnel walls
- stump grinder
- milling logs
- brush cutting
- shape blocks for retaining walls, paths, stairs
- trim trees
- modify and remove concrete
- grind stumps