Concrete Cutting and Demolition
For demolition of reinforced concrete, steel, fibreglass and stone structure, Echidna diamond rocksaws can be an invaluable tool.
They increase productivity and reduced the risk of vibration damage to structures. They can provide greater safety to operators than some alternative demolition methods.
They can also be used on smaller excavators and robots to replace the hand-held and small push-along demolition saws. They can also be used in conjunction with hammers and other excavator attachments to increase productivity.
They have many advantages:-
- safety - the operator does not need to be near the blade
- reduced risk of back injury, and effects of vibration on hands and arms
- use the full reach of the excavator arm
- can be used on robots for increased safety
- substantially cheaper to buy an excavator attachment than a dedicated concrete cutter
- The power available from larger excavators, when coupled with the correct hydraulic concrete saw, can far exceed the dedicated road saws.
- the excavator arm can reach over uneven ground, where dedicated concrete saws must have an even surface
- the operator is safely distant from the cutting action, and protected by the excavator
- setup times are greatly reduced when compared with dedicated wall-saw system
Demolition with Diamond Rocksaws
For demolition, particularly of concrete structures, a diamond rocksaw driven by an excavator can be an invaluable tool. Its advantages over other methods include
- low vibration levels
- and can give a clean, tidy finish
- minimal damage to the surrounding environment.
Echidna diamond rocksaws come in a range of models to suit excavators from 900kg up to 60 tonnes, with high speed models specifically designed for cutting reinforced concrete.
Echidna also produces guide rails which make the saw into a very powerful wall saw unit that does not need to be bolted onto the cut structure. The excavator arm lifts, rotates, tilts and holds it in its place on a wall while cutting. With no time wasted with fixtures it can then move onto the next cut.
In developed countries, safety and high productivity are important factors in choosing between work methods. A rocksaw operated from the safety of an excavator cabin has distinct advantages over hand operated tools. Where there is an automatic brake on the saw blade, the operator cannot touch the spinning blade, and is protected from falling or flying debris. It can be used to reach locations which would be risky for a workman with a hand held concrete saw.
Excavator concrete saws can outperform road cutter saws in terms of cutting speed and flexibility. While push-along road cutters are limited to horizontal cutting, excavator saws can be used to cut walls and over rough terrain. Low vibrations allow for cutting in sensitive or unstable areas. Where demolition is occurring in built up areas, hydraulic breakers can cause cracking in adjacent structures. With the reach of an excavator, the rocksaw can be used to cut unsupported structures such as bridges.
Special Demolition Saws
For large concrete slab demolition works, it may be advantageous to utilise one of our automated, self powered concrete cutting machines. These machines improve cutting rates and blade life, and reduce labour costs.
- wide range for cutting rock, bitumen, concrete, steel and more
- models for excavators from 1 tonne to 60 tonne
- budget and high performance models available
- reversible blade spin and automatic blade brake
- self powered unit with a 130kW hydraulic system powered by a Cat diesel engine
- fully automatic operation
Wall Saw KitConvert your diamond rocksaw to an excavator powered and controlled wall-saw. Save set up time as compared with standard wall saws.
- fast, minimal damage, precision trenches from 26mm width
- sandstone, marble, granite, limestone, basalt...
- cut dimensional stone directly in quarry
- multi blade saws for precision blocks
- footings, trenches, basements, carparks, swimming pools and more
- boundary wall cutting
- minimise vibration in sensitive areas
- re-use cut material for retaining walls
- optical fibre, plumbing, electricity trenches
Tight Access Excavation
- underhouse excavations
- difficult access locations
- swimming pool installation/demolition in backyards
- rocksaws, stump grinders and rock grinders for excavators down to 1 tonne
Concrete Cutting & Demolition
- reinforced concrete structures
- swimming pools
- pre-fabricated buildings
- small scale mining operations
- mine site infrastructure
- extract blocks for processing
- trenches for services
- finishing walls
- slots for services in tunnel walls
- stump grinder
- milling logs
- brush cutting
- shape blocks for retaining walls, paths, stairs
- trim trees
- modify and remove concrete
- grind stumps